Short, Simple and Sweet

A blog about family, fitness, nutrition, and staying sane while finding the perfect balance.

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Paleo food and going to court...


 So I've dabbled in veganism, vegetarianism, raw foodism, lots of isms. Recently I've started to really give Paleo a go and I've enjoyed a number of brilliant blogs but I love reading this one currently: Wellness Mama

I'm actually going to give the 30 Day Challenge a shot. I've added Ghee into my diet lately and eggs and some meat and I really feel REALLY good. I've cut out a lot of fruit except for berries and am aiming for a lower carb intake to help shed the last of the unwanted weight. Seems to be working (of course coupled with regular exercise!).

Here's a snapshot of what I made today:


 The first mixture is:

-Chopped Cucumber
-Chopped Tomato
-Dash of Garlic Exra Virgin Olive Oil
-Dollop of horseradish mustard
-Salt (pink himalayan) and Pepper to taste

2nd concoction:

-Broccoli slaw with purple cabbage and carrots
-Dollop of organic mayo
-Drizzle of garlic extra virgin Olive Oil
-Salt (PH) and pepper to taste

The smoothie in this picture is Connor's:

-Banana
-Frozen Mango
-Almond Milk
-Spinach
-Vanilla Stevia

And well my scale is broken.. due to some rather rambunctious 2 year old.. hmmmmm.. but I'm thinking I've gained a few lbs (all muscle of course) but I'm going to be real about this challenge and need to have a starting picture so here goes:



And lastly,

I'm freaking out about practicum on Thursday. I go in at 9 for an hour of training then have to head over to court to present to the judge on a case. Its not like I haven't spoken in court ( I was a CASA forever ago) but I really REALLY REAAAAAAAAAAAAALLY have a hard time with public speaking. And then back to training for the rest of the day.  Its only Tuesday night and I have butterflies in my belly. Uggh. Belly (and beware if you click that belly link you will see something frightful). That reminds me of a douche whom I ran into at a grocery store who recognized me from my time working at an inpatient psych unit.. After his long winded explanation about the evil-ness of meds (of which I won't disagree) and how he was not and is not crazy, he then proceeded to exuberantly state "CONGRATS, how far along are you?"

It was actually really hard in the pic above not to suck it in.. I'm so used to pulling that damn lower belly in... but with keeping on track with diet and exercise hopefully I won't have to do that anymore!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Theme images by Ollustrator. Powered by Blogger.

© Short, Simple and Sweet, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena