Short, Simple and Sweet

A blog about family, fitness, nutrition, and staying sane while finding the perfect balance.

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

An ER visit and nerves



Last night we ended up in Everett because Hanna fell out of a fig tree. Oh that girl. Interestingly enough she commented that "an inside of a fig, looks like the inside of my thigh" because she punctured her inner thigh on a metal pole. Yup. 30 stitches inside and out. My poor girl. When I got the call from her mom's bf that was prefaced with "Don't freak out," I instantly wished that teleportation was a real thing.

Its really difficult to live over an hour away from your kiddos. She was such a trooper, so calm and my heart just felt like bursting seeing her smile as she was laying there in the hospital room. Tough, tough kiddo!

I just started up a FB fan page.. not exactly sure what I'm doing but here it is: https://www.facebook.com/optjess



In other news, I've been dreading tomorrow as I have a school evaluation and then court where I won't get off the hook this time (last time, I just smiled and nodded at the judge). This time I will have to give the social worker update to the court on the family, at the same time as recommending "partial compliance and no progress." Really hate being the "bad guy." Working for the Children's Administration is going to be constantly showing me things about myself.... I'm both happy and... nervous.



On to the eats department:

I have noticed a HUGE significant decrease in my appetite, normally I'm a voracious beast but I'm satisfied with less and I've had to make myself eat meals. I'm going to explore that more in depth in a later post but here is an interesting concoction Connor and I whipped up today:


Chocolate/Orange Jello -with Mango
  • 2 tbsp gelatin
  • 2 cups boiling water
  • 1 cup fresh squeezed clementine orange juice
  • 10 drops chocolate stevia
  • 1/4 cup finely chopped frozen mango



I really wish I had this mold to make some cute jello shapes but I just threw it in a glass bowl and shoved it in fridge and VOILA, an hour later a yummy treat, Connor approved.

To help me relax and prepare for tomorrow I've indulged in sitting on my rump working on this blog, enjoying one of my fav male artists, Mike Patton.. So Faith No More, Lovage, and Elysian Fields have been soothing me.

Tomorrow I will post about a lovely Apple/cinammon detox drink I whipped up! Stay tuned.

I leave you with some evening sexiness:






<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/10327481/?claim=fqk43d3h9kj">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>


2 comments:

  1. oh no! sending hanna wishes for fast healing.

    you'll be great tomorrow! just think of how relieved you will feel when it's over.=)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kelli. You have a very good point. I'm gonna feel awesome when its all over and done with . :)

    ReplyDelete

Theme images by Ollustrator. Powered by Blogger.

© Short, Simple and Sweet, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena