Short, Simple and Sweet

A blog about family, fitness, nutrition, and staying sane while finding the perfect balance.

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Water Kefir and Vacation


So. Boy. I wasn't sure what to write today but I should post about my water kefir experiment. I bought my water kefir grains here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0051WV5K6/ref=oh_details_o05_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And I followed the recipe minus the  spring water, I used tap. I fervently hope I did not damage the grains but I was too lazy to go to the store.

So what do I think? Well.... I haven't ever tried water kefir before, I've had kombucha and KeVita probiotic drink so I have no basis for comparison. This recipe called for molasses which ended up with a darker looking drink and a slight molasses flavor. Its only mildly carbonated and I'm not sure I enjoy it like Kombucha, but everything I have read says to add fruit juice to flavor. I'm going to add some stevia and ginger powder and see how that goes.

Here is a wonderful article about water kefir: http://www.crunchybetty.com/water-kefir

I have my 2nd batch ready to be strained tonight and I omitted the molasses so we'll see how that goes.


As for Kevita.. oh how I love it almost as much as Kombucha..

http://kevita.com/product-family/daily-cleanse/

This tasty tasty beverage has:

  • Reverse Osmosis water
  • Organic KeVita Probiotic Culture
  • Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
  • Organic cold pressed lemon whole plant extract
  • Ocean water (Blue Ocean minerals)
  • organic cayenne extract
  • organic maple extract
  • organic stevia
  • organic milk thistle extract

It's really a super wonder drink conveniently ready but however, the price is a bit limiting, about 3 bucks a bottle. I want to check into bulk buying. I would be overwhelmingly ecstatic to have one of these every day. It has 2 carbs for the whole bottle and a whopping 10 calories. SO perfect. I'm craving one right now. 

Hmmm what else what else. I have fallen off the workout bandwagon although I did complete the Zombie Run this last Saturday (3.1 miles). Super fun. I didn't survive the Zombie Apocalypse. 

I need to pop on Fitness Blender workout #39 and sweat. Yeah I'm getting off my booty now to do it! Here goes!!!!!!!!!!

If you like what you see, subscribe/follow, I will do a happy dance..

Here's a feel good song for you to enjoy:








0 comments:

Post a Comment

Theme images by Ollustrator. Powered by Blogger.

© Short, Simple and Sweet, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena