Short, Simple and Sweet

A blog about family, fitness, nutrition, and staying sane while finding the perfect balance.

Saturday, August 10, 2013

Another pound bites the dust and my Egg smoothie

No makeup, no photo touch ups 
I'm for sure on a smoothie kick. I'm not even sure how many days I've been Paleo now I'm thinking about 10-12 minus the 2 "bad" days I had. But I'm down to 126#. And feeling super fantastic. I don't think my skin has ever looked this good. Seriously, this has been a life-long struggle for me. Even when I went vegan, giving up dairy HELPED tremendously but I still suffered here and there.

I'm not eating copious amounts of meat, maybe 1 meal a day and the rest consists of vegetables, a little fruit, and tons of good fat sources.

For instance today's menu:

Breakfast: I did a salt water flush with Pink himalayan salt, lemon juice, and aloe vera. Plus about 50 oz of water. I didn't feel hungry this morning and felt in need of some cleansing.

Snack: Cup of green tea with coconut oil, 1/2 clementine orange

Lunch: About 3 organic pastured eggs cooked in organic pasture butter with 1.5 organic chicken sausage ( I took the casing off) and swiss chard. Oliver and Connor loved this meal too.

Snack: My egg-licous smoothie. I know it sounds weird but it was really good and satisfying.

Dinner: not sure yet I'm not hungry at all after that smoothie. Probably a huge salad with chopped veggies and/or a small baked sweet potato with ghee

Here is some information about raw eggs written by Ramiel Nagel from NaturalNews:

NaturalNews) Raw fats from organic vegetables and healthy animals are an ideal way for many to build up health and vitality. Raw, unheated, uncooked organic eggs from a clean source are an excellent health tonic. Regularly consuming raw eggs will benefit your health as the raw egg yolk and white helps your body eliminate stored toxins. Body builder's have long known that a great way to build healthy muscle without the extra fat is to eat raw eggs regularly.

When you cook animal proteins, eggs, milk, meat, and so on, it changes the structure of the proteins. This is not to say that all cooked animal proteins are unhealthy, but that when we do not cook the animal proteins, they many times are even healthier. Consuming eggs raw means that vital enzymes and nutrients are left intact.

Eating too many egg whites can cause a biotin deficiency. Eating the yolks only, or the biotin rich yolks with the whites will prevent this problem.

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/022607_raw_foods_eggs.html#ixzz2bbmb3bu2

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Theme images by Ollustrator. Powered by Blogger.

© Short, Simple and Sweet, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena