Short, Simple and Sweet

A blog about family, fitness, nutrition, and staying sane while finding the perfect balance.

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Over indulgence and gelatin




Yesterday was busy. It was a loooong day at practicum 7:45-5. I found out I will be presenting in court on Thursday after I have a school evaluation. SWEET. (imagine a snarky tone there) Had class 6:30-8:45 but the bright side was ending my night having dinner with my friends Liz, Maylin, and Jeanette at Red Robin. Ohhhhhh the carbs I ingested.. Half a BLTA (avocado) croissant and french fries, 2 vodka tonics with lemon and lime... and then came dessert.. some huge mud pie concoction with an oreo crust. And the best part about it.. I'm not beating myself up! Normally I'd sulk and feel like poo for having over indulged but I woke up with no tummy ache (which I thought I would) and have gotten right back on track. In fact I have not felt hungry today so I have yet to eat something solid but I've been back to experimenting with smoothies/drinks.


Here's the lineup:

Breakfast: My super beauty tonic (see previous post for recipe) tweaked a bit. I excluded the spinach and vitamin c packet and went for almond milk, strawberries with green tops,  couple drops of vanilla stevia and bee pollen and maca powder


Lunch: Still not hungry, decided to do a salt water flush. I know it wasn't the ideal time, (early morning supposed to be best) but it felt right. 1 qt warm water with 2 tsp Pink Himalayan salt and 1 tsp Ginger powder.

Snack: Tea: Strawberry-chocolate rooibos tea blended (in the baby bullet) with coconut milk, coconut oil, chocolate stevia and.... GELATIN! Wowser, it was a delicious drink. Next time I will add a pinch of cinnamon. 

Dinner: Will be a large salad with a baked sweet potato with ghee

Here is an article that piqued my interest in this product:


And this recipe in particular grabbed my attention. I want to make these for the kiddos: This picture is from the Wellness Mama site. Click the picture to go to her page: 

Healthy Homemade Fruit Snacks Recipe Homemade Fruit Snacks


That's it for now. Please if you like what you are reading, go ahead and follow/subscribe. It will make me feel good. :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Theme images by Ollustrator. Powered by Blogger.

© Short, Simple and Sweet, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena